AIR FRYER (1500W**): Place 4 fillets in the air fryer basket.2. Fry at 400°F for 9-11 minutes *. *FULLY COOK FISH TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 165°F OR HIGHER BEFORE SERVING.
How long should breaded fish fillets be air-fried?
Additional Air Fryer Recipes – Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for additional delicious recipes and the most recent news.
- 4 fish fillets without bones, white fish such as tilapia or cod
- ▢ 2 eggs
- ▢ ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ▢ ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- one-half teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ▢ ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- ▢ 1 ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ▢ Oil spray
- served with lemon wedges and tartar sauce
- Drain and pat fish dry. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside. On a plate, combine the spices and the flour. The breadcrumbs should be placed on a separate plate.
- Dredge the fish in the flour-spice mixture before dipping it in the beaten egg and shaking off the excess. The fish is then dredged in breadcrumbs.
- Place several pieces of breaded fish in the air fryer basket and spray oil spray on top of the breaded fish (depending on your fryer size you may need to cook in batches).
- Cook on the air fry setting for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping the fish halfway through, or until golden and flaky. As needed, spray additional oil spray on the breaded fish.
- Carefully remove the fish and serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
- For this recipe, you may use fresh or frozen fish fillets that have been completely thawed.
- Use Old Bay or Cajun seasoning in place of my seasoning, or a combination of your favorite spices.
- For the best results, the fillets should have comparable dimensions and thickness.
- It is ready when it can be flaked easily with a fork. I recommend using an Instant Thermometer and cooking the fish to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Thinner fish fillets will cook faster, while thicker fillets, such as cod, will take an additional minute or two.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon enhances the flavor of air-fried fish.
- If the basket of your air fryer is not nonstick, spray it with oil spray before placing the fish inside (avoid using nonstick aerosol sprays, such as cooking spray, as they will damage the basket).
- Additionally, you can use special air fryer parchment paper (affiliate link) to facilitate cleanup.
- Do not stuff the basket! Depending on the capacity of your Air Fryer, you must work in batches. Due to the steam, the fish will not cook evenly and will not crisp if the basket is too full.
- Three days’ worth of leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the Air Fryer for a few minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until thoroughly heated.
Calories: 320 kcal | Carbohydrates: 28 g; Protein: 32 g; Fat: 8 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g; Trans Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 144 mg; Sodium: 536 mg; Potassium: 478 mg; Fiber: 2 g; Sugar: 1 g; Vitamin A: 243 IU; Vitamin C: 1 mg; Calcium: Plated Cravings owns the copyright to all images and text and prohibits reproduction of its original recipes and photographs anywhere other than on this website, unless express permission is granted.
Can frozen breaded fish be cooked in an air fryer?
Cooking Frozen Fish in an Air Fryer (Breaded Fish Fillets) – Is it possible to cook frozen fish in an air fryer? You sure can! Air fryer frozen breaded fish fillets cook in just 12 minutes without defrosting! Duration: 12 minutes Total Time 12 mins Course Dinner Cuisine British Dishes 3 Calories 280 kcal 1 pound of frozen breaded fish fillets (454 grams; I used Trader Joe’s Frozen Breaded Cod Fillets; fillets are 4 inches long, 2 inches wide, and 14 inch and one-half inches thick) 1 medium lemon, quartered Place the fish fillets on an air fryer tray in a single layer.
I could fit them all on a single tray. If your breaded fish contains a substantial amount of fat or oil, cooking spray should not be necessary. Place the tray containing the fish fillets on the air fryer’s top rack. This is the closest position to the heating element. Air-fry frozen fish at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes.
Then, invert the fillets and return the fish tray to the top rack position.7 additional minutes of air-frying at 350°F (175°C). Using a kitchen thermometer, ensure that your fish has reached a minimum internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). If it has not, you will need to continue air-frying it.
While the fish is cooking, make a simple tartar sauce substitute by combining mayonnaise and pickles. Squeeze the lemon over the fish to serve. Serve tartar sauce as a condiment. Download This Recipe This recipe is level 3 (weight maintenance and active lifestyles). Here is some unfortunate news.5 ounces of the breaded fish from Trader Joe’s contain 280 calories and 17 grams of protein.
A 5-ounce serving of cod (no breading) contains 108 calories and 25 grams of protein, according to Cronometer. White fish without breading is a lean protein low in calories. The breading typically adds a great deal of calories from refined flour and fat, transforming the entree into a highly processed food.
- In this instance, you could save more than 170 calories by selecting unbreaded fish instead of breaded.
- In addition, the meal will contain a greater quantity of satiating protein.
- Despite this, it is possible to incorporate less-than-ideal food choices into an overall healthy diet.
- I appreciate the Diabetes Plate method for weight management.
This dish contains 14 protein, 14 starch, and 12 non-starchy vegetables (with just a small amount of added fat). If you’re a volume eater like I am, feel free to add even more non-starchy vegetables to your meal to satisfy your hunger. I added an enormous salad to my 10-inch dinner plate.
- The fish’s coating constitutes the starch, while the fish itself provides the protein.
- If you need a meal with more energy, you can include a serving of whole grains.
- I added three-quarters of a cup of cooked wild rice mixture to my meal.
- The rice adds approximately 150 calories, fiber, and B vitamins to the meal.
This is not the healthiest pairing, despite the fact that fries and breaded fish are extremely delicious. (I know, how unfortunate!) Fries add additional fat to a dish that is already relatively high in fat. However, non-starchy vegetables would add fiber and low-calorie volume to the meal, which breaded seafood lacks.
Can frozen fish be cooked in an air fryer?
What other frozen fish varieties can be cooked in an air fryer? Can frozen salmon be cooked in an air fryer? How about using an air fryer to cook frozen Mahi Mahi? – Almost any frozen fish fillet can be cooked directly from frozen in an air fryer. Air-frying thinner frozen fillets, such as tilapia, swai, flounder, crappie, sole, and haddock, will take 9 to 12 minutes.