California Roll – The California Roll is an enduring favorite. There are 225 calories, 7 grams of fat, 28 grams of carbohydrates, and 9 grams of protein per serving. This roll is ideal for a light meal or for those trying sushi for the first time.
How many calories are in eight California roll pieces?
Nutritional overview: –
|Calories 262||Fat 0.97g||Carbs 50.48g||Protein 11.01g|
The cucumber sushi roll is composed of uncooked tuna, imitation crab, avocado, and radish sprouts. It features a variety of sauces, including spicy chili sauce, gobo, a mixture of burdock and soy sauce, and ponzu, a type of soy sauce. Two to three cucumber rolls (100 grams) contain the following ingredients: Calories: 78 Protein: 4 grams Carbs: 5 grams Fat: 5 grams Sodium: 319 mg (13.3 % of the Daily Value
Are California rolls carbohydrate dense?
How Many Carbs Are In Sushi Rice? – Most sushi is made with this type of rice (usually seasoned with rice vinegar and sugar), but you should avoid it if you are on a ketogenic diet or if your carb intake is a concern. One cup of plain sushi rice has 36.5 grams of total carbohydrates and 34.8 grams of net carbohydrates. The table below summarizes the carbohydrate content of sushi and sushi rice.
|Serving Size||Total Carbs||Net Carbs|
|Sushi roll, 6 pieces||27.5g||26.2g|
|Sushi roll, 1 piece||33.4.61g||4.4g|
|California roll, 6 pieces||33.1g||31.3g|
|California roll, 1 piece||5.5g||5.2g|
|Sushi rice, 1 cup||36.5g||34.8g|
Keto sushi rolls made at home are delicious, but what if you are dining out? Given the high carbohydrate content of rice, it may appear challenging to find low-carb sushi options in restaurants. If you want to know how to eat keto at a sushi bar, consider the following advice.
- Avoid all types of rice, including brown and white varieties. A few ounces of white rice can derail your macronutrient intake. You can sometimes order regular sushi rolls without rice by requesting it at the restaurant. Some locations also offer rice-free rolls, such as the cucumber-based naruto maki. If rice is omitted, other rolls, such as the Philadelphia roll, are naturally ketogenic.
- Avoid tempura-breaded foods, as they are fried and contain added carbohydrates. You can find tempura in sushi rolls (such as a shrimp tempura roll), used to fry vegetables, and sprinkled on sushi as flakes.
- Pay attention to soy – If you are sensitive to soy or try to avoid it on a keto or low carb diet, keep in mind that sushi restaurants offer a variety of soy-based products despite soy’s naturally low carb content (edamame, miso soup, tofu, soy sauce ).
- Checking the ingredients and carbohydrate content in advance is something I do for keto fast food as well. If you know what you want to order, examine the ingredients and macros before entering the restaurant.
- Beware of added sugar or starch – Although some menu items (such as seaweed salad, imitation crab meat, tamago, wasabi, or pickled ginger) may appear healthy, they may contain added sugar or starch. Look for fresh fish and vegetables without added carbohydrates.
If you’re wondering what to order on keto at a sushi restaurant (or if you’re making it at home), here are the best keto sushi options for rolls and other popular sushi restaurant dishes.
The cucumber sushi roll is composed of uncooked tuna, imitation crab, avocado, and radish sprouts ( 12 ). It features a variety of sauces, including spicy chili sauce, gobo, a mixture of burdock and soy sauce, and ponzu, a type of soy sauce. Two to three cucumber rolls (100 grams) contain the following ingredients: Calories: 78 Protein: 4 grams Carbs: 5 grams Fat: 5 grams Sodium: 319 mg (13.3 % of the Daily Value