Skip to content
- First, prepare the rice and nori. Place the nori on the bamboo mat (or other material).
- Step 2: Spread rice over the nori.
- Step 3Add Fillings to the Nori’s Bottom Quarter.
- Fourth Step, Roll the Sushi Partway.
- Roll the sushi the remainder of the way.
- 6.Transfer to a cutting board
- Step 7Cut the sushi into pieces.
- 8th StepServe.
What is required to make sushi at home?
- A bamboo rolling mat
- Nori (sheets of black seaweed)
- Sushi rice and
- Rice vinegar, in particular sushi vinegar
- Sugar and salt (for rice seasoning)
- Fresh fish, such as salmon or tuna
- Cucumber and avocado, cut into thin strips
- Wasabi paste,soy sauce and gari (pickled ginger).
How do you make sushi at home?
- Prepare sushi rice. Rice should be rinsing with cold water.
- Make teriyaki chicken. Thinly slice chicken breasts into strips.
- To assemble sushi rolls, place the shiny side of the seaweed down on a sushi mat.
- Wrap and slice: Wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to slice. Cut each roll with a serrated knife into eight thin slices.
How to make sushi like a pro?
- Beginning at the bottom edge, lift the bamboo mat over the sushi filling to form a log.
- Then, lift the mat and continue tucking and rolling the log (jelly roll style) until the sushi is completely rolled through the nori sheet’s end.
- Squeeze the completed log gently and remove the mat.